Benefits of Working for High Life Highland
High Life Highland (HLH) strives to provide a family-friendly environment for all its’ employees so that they can more easily balance family and work and fulfil both family and work obligations.
HLH also recognises that flexible work environments attract, motivate and retain employees, increase employee satisfaction and maintain employee productivity.
Some of the ways in which HLH does this is through:
Family friendly policies and procedures
- Maternity and paternity benefits including new adoptive parents.
- Keeping in touch days.
- Up to 18 weeks unpaid leave (up to your child’s 18th birthday).
- Time off when you need it to care for your children or a dependent relative.
- Generous leave entitlement of 34 days pro rata per annum (including statutory leave) rising to 39 days after 5 years.
- Many part time and term-time only posts.
Flexible working opportunities
HLH helps create a balance between your work and home life by offering:
- Opportunities to work from home (where appropriate)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexi-leave scheme
- Flexible retirement scheme
In addition, HLH offers:
The Charity is committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, colour, disability, ethnic origin, gender reassignment, marital or family status, nationality, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other non-job related factor.
HLH has a fair and transparent pay strategy based on 15 grades with annual increments (either 4 or 5) within each grade.
HLH contributes to a final salary pension scheme that enables you to make adequate provision for when you retire. You put in 6% of your pensionable pay and we make an additional contribution. You don’t have to join the scheme, but we will enrol you unless you choose not to go ahead with it.
Learning and development
Our induction programme helps all new employees get to know the organisation and their individual job. We will provide all the training you need for your role and have a six monthly appraisal system which focuses on your development needs and gives you the chance to talk about your job, and your plans for the future.