What is the Macmillan Move More Highland programme?
High Life Highland are working in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support to deliver the Move More Highland programme. A programme to help people affected by cancer make physical activity a part of their routine.
Taking part in physical activity before, during and after cancer treatment can play a huge role in enabling you to take back control. Evidence shows that physical activity is largely safe and being active can help to prevent a recurrence of cancer, slow disease progression, as well as, reducing the side effects and consequences of cancer treatment, such as fatigue and depression. Find out more at Macmillan.
Classes are led by specially trained instructors; exercises are adaptable to provide an individualised physical activity programme. Our instructors are always on hand to offer you guidance and support throughout.
Face to Face Classes
- Inverness Leisure Monday 15:15 -16:15
- Stretching and Mobility Monday 11:00 – 12:00
- Gentle Movement Wednesday 11:00 – 12:00
- Strength & Balance Friday 10:00 – 11:00
Participants of the online classes will require a tablet, smart phone, or computer with a camera to take part.
How do I join?
- To access our classes, you will require a highlife card which can be obtained via our online joining . We offer a variety of flexible memberships including all-inclusive, budget and pay as you go.
- Once your membership is set up you will be able to book onto the classes that you wish to attend;
- Face to Face bookings can be made by contacting the leisure centre or by clicking here
- Online classes can be booked by clicking here
For more information, contact the Move More Highland team via email: email@example.com
- Macmillan Move More Highland Facebook
- Macmillan Eating Well and Staying Active
- Macmillan (video) Physical Activity During Cancer Treatment
- Macmillan Physical Activity and Cancer
- Macmillan Move More guide
- Benefits of walking from Paths for All
- Strength & Balance exercises from Paths for All
Macmillan Cancer Support have developed the following home workout video which can be performed sitting or standing:
- Move More – Before You Start (5:32)
- Move More – Warm Up (13:17)
- Move More – Cardio (15:02)
- Move More – Strength & Endurance (20:06)
- Move More – Cool Down (10:29)
- Move More – Next Steps (2:34)
- Move More – Ted’s Story (1:26)
- Move More – Mariette’s Story (2:21)